Thinking of bridging crypto to Polygon zkEVM? Check out this detailed, step-by-step guide, making it easy to bridge from 20 different blockchains.
Why Bridge to Polygon zkEVM? Understanding the Benefits
Polygon is already well-established in the world of web3 and just keeps on expanding. Since its inception, it has processed over 2 billion transactions already, with the goal of making Ethereum transactions faster and more affordable.
Since then, zero-knowledge (ZK) technology has also emerged as a possible solution to scalability. However, existing Ethereum smart contracts couldn’t be deployed directly onto zk-rollups without modifications. Thus, Polygon zkEVM was developed.
Polygon zkEVM is a Layer 2 network of the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM)—a zero-knowledge (zk) rollup scaling solution. It integrates zk-proofs (ZKPs) into the EVM environment on Polygon. Used with zk-rollups, these ZKPs allow a larger volume of transactions to be processed off-chain, bundled together, and then verified in a single batch on-chain. This means that the throughput rate can be increased drastically. And since the transactions are processed off-chain, gas fees can stay low.
Basically, here are the benefits of Polygon zkEVM:
- Lower gas fees: More transactions being processed off-chain means less data being stored on-chain, leading to reduced transaction costs—with an average gas fee of 0.000550 ETH per transaction!
- Higher throughput rate: Since transactions are processed and verified in batches, a higher volume can be processed at the same time which enables dApps to operate with less congestion
- EVM compatibility: Developers and users already familiar with Ethereum and its environment can easily and quickly transition to Polygon zkEVM, no learning curve to overcome
- Better security: By integrating ZKPs maintains the transactions’ integrity and security even with off-chain processes
So what do you think? Are you ready to get onboard Polygon zkEVM?
How to Bridge to Polygon zkEVM? Why is the Polygon zkEVM Official Bridge not the Best Choice?
You might think that using the Polygon Portal is the easiest and quickest method to transfer assets to Polygon zkEVM. However, there are a couple of drawbacks to this method.
- Currently, it supports only three chains: Ethereum, Polygon PoS, and Polygon zkEVM; this simply isn’t practical for the majority of users who want to bridge and transfer assets
- Token bridging can’t be accomplished in a single transaction; users still need to claim their tokens afterwards, which leads to higher transaction costs
Since these limitations can get in the way of what users want to do with their assets, using third-party cross-chain bridges to transfer assets to Polygon zkEVN may be a better options. XY Finance enables users to do so in a quick and easy way.
Bridge Crypto to Polygon zkEVM Step-by-Step Guide, from Polygon, zkSync, Arbitrum and other L2s
XY Finance is a cross-chain bridge aggregator that operates on 20 EVM chains, including Ethereum, Avalanche, BNB, and more. XY Finance’s user-centric approach enables easy token swaps between different chains—including Polygon zkEVM—providing users with the best option with great prices.
Check out this detailed guide below to learn how to smoothly and effortlessly execute a cross-chain swap at the most competitive price on XY Finance!
⓵ Visit Swap page and Click “Connect”
Start your cross-chain journey
⓶ Connect Your Web3 Wallet
Up to 9 of the most common wallets available!
⓷ Select the Tokens & Chains Accordingly
Cross-chain or single-chain swap are both available.
Be sure to choose the correct chains and tokens.
⓸ Check the Details
Choose the route and double check the swap rate & fees.
⓹Approve & Confirm to Swap
Click “Swap & Bridge” and confirm the message from your wallet.
(For the first time, users need to approve the token to allow #XYFinance access.)
⓺ Wait for the transaction to be completed
Transaction status can be tracked on the screen
In most cases, cross-chain transactions will be completed within minutes. To view your past transaction records, you can click the ‘History’ button.
If your transaction cannot be completed, please raise a ticket in the XY Finance Discord. Our team will be happy to help you resolve the issue as soon as possible.
After Bridging to Polygon zkEVM: Exploring Promising Polygon zkEVM Ecosystem!
Now that you’re able to transfer your assets to Polygon zkEVM, you can go ahead and try out the variety of protocols within the Polygon zkEVM ecosystem! Whether you’re into DeFi, web3 gaming, NFTs, or more, there’s definitely a Polygon zkEVM dApp or project out there to pique your interest.
Check out the Polygon website and filter with Polygon zkEVM for all your exciting options.
Security in Cross-Chain Transactions
To safeguard your digital assets while bridging across blockchain networks, it’s imperative to adhere to the following security measures:
- Confirm the legitimacy of the bridge service.
- Thoroughly check transaction details before confirmation.
- Securely store your private keys and wallet information.
- Be aware of and guard against phishing sites and scams.
Mastering the process of bridging assets to Cronos is invaluable for both cryptocurrency enthusiasts and DeFi investors. This guide aims to deepen your DeFi knowledge, enabling you to engage more effectively in the blockchain space. Stay updated on DeFi trends and expand your understanding of this rapidly evolving ecosystem!
Other Bridging Tutorials for You
Thinking about bridging your assets to different blockchains? Do it all with XY Finance! Visit XY blog for more detailed information and step-by-step guides.
- How to Cross-Chain Swap? Bridge Assets Across 20+ Blockchains
- How to Bridge to Cronos from BNB, Ethereum, Avalanche, and More?
- Cross-Chain Bridge Crypto from Ethereum to Base
- How to Bridge to Linea from Ethereum, Base, Arbitrum, and More?
About XY Finance
XY Finance is a cross-chain interoperability protocol aggregating DEXs & Bridges. With the ultimate routing across multi-chains, borderless and seamless swapping is just one click away.